Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Rug to pillow

Almost 2 years ago when we moved to our current home, we also made a pallet reading nook for P.  It needed a number of pillows. We were broke, and so was my sewing machine. But there is always Ikea to save the day.
I always loved Ikea Signe rugs, handmade look, 100% cotton and soft colors. And when I realized that with their dimensions of 60x90 cm they are perfect for Ikea pillows 60x40 pillows I couldn't be happier. These rugs cost something like 3 dollars each, and you just need to fold them in half and you have yourself a new pillowcase for your reading nook.


I wanted to keep that handmade look (and I had no sewing machine, remember?) so I sewed it up using embroidery thread and blanket stitch, different colors on each side.


 When I was out of thread I spiced things up:


I used sew in snap buttons on the inside, because I wanted the pillowcases to be removable but I didn't want any buttons to show.

And this is how I got my pretty and oh so comfy pillows.



Like what you see? Follow my I made board on pinterest.If you need an invite, drop me an e-mail.


Linking to: Hope studios

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely! I love those pilows, you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got great information from this blog.It is very informative..
    caramel baby and child

    ReplyDelete